MIL-C™ F2 Reticle
MIL-C™ F1 Reticle
Designed to meet the needs of today’s Precision Rifle Series competitor, the MIL-C™ reticle allows for fast and accurate shots on target. The MIL-C™ has a simple center dot for a fine aiming point, while the main lines feature .2 Mil-Radian holds. Each whole Mil-Radian is numbered for fast reference under even stressful conditions.
The Nightforce MIL-C™ reticle can provide you with an accurate distance to your target, when the size of the target is known, by utilizing one of the the following Mil relation formulas:
- (Target Size in Inches ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle) x 27.77 = Distance in Yards
- (Target Size in Inches ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle) x 25.4 = Distance in Meters
- (Target Size in Centimeters ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle) x 10.93 = Distance in Yards
- (Target Size in Centimeters ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle) x 10 = Distance in Meters
For example, a standard stop sign measures 30” tall x 30” wide. Knowing the size of the target, in this case, a stop sign, and applying the correct formula above, you will be able to accurately calculate the distance to your target.
- Known target size = 30”
- Image size = 2.5 Mils. To measure image size of target in Mils, refer to the reticle diagram above.
- Divide target size (30”) by image size in reticle (2.5) = 12
- For distance in yards, multiply 12 x 27.77 (constant) = 333.24 yards to target.
- For distance in meters, multiply 12 x 25.4 (constant) = 304.8 meters to target.
Your ability to accurately measure your target in your reticle does take some practice to become proficient.