MIL-R™ F1 Reticle
The MIL-R™ reticle allows precise ranging and accurate hold offs for effective first-shot placement and quick follow-up shots. This reticle features a floating center crosshair which is 1.0 Mil across, whole, half, .2 and .1 Mil-Radian graduations across the reticle, and a total of 15 Mil-Radian below center. (high magnification image shown)
The Nightforce MIL-R™ reticle can provide you with an accurate distance to your target, when the size of the target is known, by utilizing one of the the following Mil relation formulas:
- Target Size in Inches ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle x 27.77 = Distance in Yards
- Target Size in Inches ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle x 25.4 = Distance in Meters
- Target Size in Centimeters ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle x 10.93 = Distance in Yards
- Target Size in Centimeters ÷ Image Size Measured in Mils in Reticle x 10 = Distance in Meters
For example, a standard stop sign measures 30” tall x 30” wide. Knowing the size of the target, in this case, a stop sign, and applying the correct formula above, you will be able to accurately calculate the distance to your target.
- Known target size = 30”
- Image size = 2.5 Mils. To measure image size of target in Mils, refer to the reticle diagram above.
- Divide target size (30”) by image size in reticle (2.5) = 12
- For distance in yards, multiply 12 x 27.77 (constant) = 333.24 yards to target.
- For distance in meters, multiply 12 x 25.4 (constant) = 304.8 meters to target.
Your ability to accurately measure your target in your reticle does take some practice to become proficient.